Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HOLE IN MY SHOE (12") - NEIL PYE

In 1984 English actor Nigel Planer in character as Neil Pye from the TV show The Young Ones reached #2 in the UK charts with a version of Traffic’s “Hole In My Shoe”.

The TV show cast members had another hit in 1986 with their comedy version of "Living Doll" which was a Cliff Richard hit from yesteryear. Cliff generously allowed them to use the track as well as appear in the clip. Both songs were for charity and both sold well in Oz. In fact the "Living Doll" track was so popular it was released as an extended 12" mix and made it to #1 for many weeks.

Neil's hit song
Hole In My Shoewas backed with a remix called "The Paranoid Remix". For this download I have joined both versions to make a "complete" new version of this track.

Wow man, like totally enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/283730596/neil_-_hole_in_my_shoe__tom_mix_paranoid_edit_.mp3

3 comments:

  1. Just found this blog of yours today and am loving it. Do you happen to have neil's second 12 inch, My White Bicycle? Would love to hear that after all these years. Cheers Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site, keep the good stuff coming. I liked The Young Ones when it was on TV and I liked the 'Hole in My Shoe' song by Nigel Planer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete